Which is better, ActiveCampaign or Mailchimp?
Another Monday Morning Website Tip by
I’ve actively used Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign now for over 2 years and the answer may surprise you on which I think is better because, there isn’t a one size fits all answer for this question. I actually think both are great solutions, and here’s why.
Mailchimp is great if you have a straight forward email marketing gameplan and fairly simple website.
Here’s where I think Mailchimp will be a good fit for you:
- If you email your audience once a week or less frequently
- If you are ok uploading your audience or email list to mailchimp from your website
- If you have a smaller budget for email marketing
- If you don’t have a massive email list, this is a great place to start
- If you are looking for a free way to get started in email marketing, this probably is your answer.
ActiveCampaign, I’ve found, has been a great tool for businesses to use if you are wanting a more robust solution for your email marketing that ties in really well with your website.
Here’s who I think ActiveCampaign will be a good fit for:
- If you want a great tie in of forms to your website that can easily be customized to look like your branding, ActiveCampaign is amazing!
- If you want to use your website forms to autotmatically load up into ActiveCampaign without uploading a list yourself, this is amazing as well.
- If you want a customer “journey” after they fill out a form, I’ve found that ActiveCampaign is easier to use than Mailchimp for this.
- If you have a bigger budget, yes, ActiveCampaign costs more but you get more 🙂
About Marcus Rangel
I've been working with small businesses owners to craft not only beautiful custom websites, but clear, clever and concise messages to reach their prospects since 2005.
I officially hung up my "corporate cleats" to be an entrepreneur and small business owner in the summer of 2020. IMC, which started as a side hustle early in the mornings before the sun was even up in 2017, is what led me down this path as a business owner myself. I focus on helping other business owners continually stay in front of people & prospects with digital marketing, create websites that get leads with great engagement, and produce video content that are meant for the digital era we're in.
When I'm not creating, you can find me hanging out with my incredible family on our front lawn or on my OneWheel around the big city of Topeka, KS.
Does your website need help?Shoot me an email: email@example.com
There are several key questions to ask any company that offers wordpress web maintenance and hosting services before you move forward.Read More
Have you ever filled out a website form and instantly regretted it later? We experienced this when we filled out a form to get a quote from a moving company, they farmed out our name and contact info and we were getting calls every hour for several weeks… it was so bad I had to silence any phone number my phone didn’t recognize. Now I know you would never do that, so let’s talk about…Read More
WordPress has become an incredible tool to build websites for small businesses and will continue to only get better. There are several things to look for when you are on the hunt to hire a wordpress web designer. Here’s my top 6. I tell everyone to look at a designers portfolio first. The proof is in the work and they should be proud of the work they’ve done in WordPress. That’s why this is so…Read More
Looking for website tips to help your business?
Sign up for Monday Morning Website Tips - it's fresh, weekly ideas straight to your inbox.