WordPress Web Designer – 6 Things to look for
Another Monday Morning Website Tip by Marcus Rangel
WordPress has become an incredible tool to build websites for small businesses and will continue to only get better.
There are several things to look for when you are on the hunt to hire a wordpress web designer. Here’s my top 6.
- I tell everyone to look at a designers portfolio first. The proof is in the work and they should be proud of the work they’ve done in WordPress. That’s why this is so important and step 1 before you even ask for a quote.
- Have a video chat with the designer. Nothing is better than talking through your project with a designer and zoom, teams, or google video chats make great avenues to do this with.
- Are you looking for a custom or turnkey solutions? This comes down to if you are needing a custom website or a purchased theme. Yes, you can find hundreds, probably thousands of themes, but choosing a theme instead of a custom built wordpress site will limit the customizations you can do.
- Is the designer going to work on your content? Content is king for a reason, and if your website designer is just designing and not providing you content for your website, this can cause you a headache in trying to figure out the right messaging.
- How can you preview your wordpress site before it goes live? Good wordpress website builders will send you a mockup of your website before it ever even is plugged into wordpress.
- How long will the designer take to build your site? Websites take time to build, but they shouldn’t take forever. Make sure you discuss when you need your wordpress website done so you are on the same page with your designer.
If you are looking for a wordpress web designer near you, I’d be happy to chat through your project. We live in the midwest but have clients nationwide in the USA! And if you are looking to view examples of websites out there, there’s plenty of galleries to look at. My latest recommendation is Design Rush, they feature some of the best website design out there.
About Marcus Rangel
I've been working with small businesses owners to craft not only beautiful custom websites, but clear, clever and concise messages to reach their prospects since 2005.
I officially hung up my "corporate cleats" to be an entrepreneur and small business owner in the summer of 2020. IMC, which started as a side hustle early in the mornings before the sun was even up in 2017, is what led me down this path as a business owner myself. I focus on helping other business owners continually stay in front of people & prospects with digital marketing, create websites that get leads with great engagement, and produce video content that are meant for the digital era we're in.
When I'm not creating, you can find me hanging out with my incredible family on our front lawn or on my OneWheel around the big city of Owasso, OK.
Does your website need help?
When you start to think about your push towards the end of the year, there are 4 quick website ideas I’m recommending you do to finish strong and to prepare for 2024. These aren’t take forever to implement ideas… more like the Cheetah quick… btw as a Chiefs fan we could sure use him right about now. Four Quick Website Ideas for 2024Read More
When’s the last time you experienced or witnessed excellence? I’m talking excellence in so many ways that you can’t help but NOT notice it. Two of our most recent vacations have been to Bentonville, Arkansas and Ridgedale, Missouri. Bentonville, the home and HQ of Wal-Mart, is probably the last place you would expect to see excellence at if you associate it with Wal-Mart like I used to. But, if you visit everything that the Walton family has built at this small town gem, you’ll see excellence in just about every turn you visit off of Walton Blvd. The second location, Ridgedale, MO, is home to Big Cedar Lodge, which is the resort, golf, museum, and outdoor vision of Johnny Morris from Bass Pro Shops. How…Read More
If you had to ask someone to define how easy it is to work with you or your company, would they easily be able to find that information on your website? How important is that information to be found on your homepage? Probably more important than you think, and here’s why. Most people are either interested in learning more about your business or they leave within a several seconds of visiting your site. Showcasing your process in layman terms gives true clarity to your visitor on the next step or steps that they need to take with you. Does that mean they will instantly say, YES, sign me up for this process, the simple answer is no but it does help to them learning more.…Read More