WordPress Web Designer – 6 Things to look for
Another Monday Morning Website Tip by Marcus Rangel
WordPress has become an incredible tool to build websites for small businesses and will continue to only get better.
There are several things to look for when you are on the hunt to hire a wordpress web designer. Here’s my top 6.
- I tell everyone to look at a designers portfolio first. The proof is in the work and they should be proud of the work they’ve done in WordPress. That’s why this is so important and step 1 before you even ask for a quote.
- Have a video chat with the designer. Nothing is better than talking through your project with a designer and zoom, teams, or google video chats make great avenues to do this with.
- Are you looking for a custom or turnkey solutions? This comes down to if you are needing a custom website or a purchased theme. Yes, you can find hundreds, probably thousands of themes, but choosing a theme instead of a custom built wordpress site will limit the customizations you can do.
- Is the designer going to work on your content? Content is king for a reason, and if your website designer is just designing and not providing you content for your website, this can cause you a headache in trying to figure out the right messaging.
- How can you preview your wordpress site before it goes live? Good wordpress website builders will send you a mockup of your website before it ever even is plugged into wordpress.
- How long will the designer take to build your site? Websites take time to build, but they shouldn’t take forever. Make sure you discuss when you need your wordpress website done so you are on the same page with your designer.
If you are looking for a wordpress web designer near you, I’d be happy to chat through your project. We live in the midwest but have clients nationwide in the USA!
About Marcus Rangel
I've been working with small businesses owners to craft not only beautiful custom websites, but clear, clever and concise messages to reach their prospects since 2005.
I officially hung up my "corporate cleats" to be an entrepreneur and small business owner in the summer of 2020. IMC, which started as a side hustle early in the mornings before the sun was even up in 2017, is what led me down this path as a business owner myself. I focus on helping other business owners continually stay in front of people & prospects with digital marketing, create websites that get leads with great engagement, and produce video content that are meant for the digital era we're in.
When I'm not creating, you can find me hanging out with my incredible family on our front lawn or on my OneWheel around the big city of Topeka, KS.
Does your website need help?Shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’ve actively used Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign now for over 2 years and the answer may surprise you on which I think is better because, there isn’t a one size fits all answer for this question. I actually think both are great solutions, and here’s why.Read More
Have you ever filled out a website form and instantly regretted it later? We experienced this when we filled out a form to get a quote from a moving company, they farmed out our name and contact info and we were getting calls every hour for several weeks… it was so bad I had to silence any phone number my phone didn’t recognize. Now I know you would never do that, so let’s talk about…Read More
Did you know the team you choose to work on your Tulsa video production can really make or break your brand image? We’re going to look at the 4 key areas that make go into a great Tulsa video production. The Story. This is the most important part of any video because it will either capture or repel the person watching your video. Making sure your story is compelling by asking you the right questions…Read More
Looking for website tips to help your business?
Sign up for Monday Morning Website Tips - it's fresh, weekly ideas straight to your inbox.